Buy a better Modem & stop renting from your Cable or Phone Provider! Tired of paying over $100 every year to rent a sub-standard modem from your cable or phone company? freeTVEE helps you get HD TV & Home Phone for free, & negotiates our customers Internet only bills down to $30-$60/mo. Now we are going to help you save lots of money on your monthly internet charges, while also getting you faster speed & a more reliable connection at the same time! We have helped hundreds of customers successfully install this equipment & dramatically lower their bills, so Hire Us Now or read on to DIY:
- OPTIONAL: Grab a decoder ring plus your bill (or call your provider) to see what internet speed you are paying for & if you are paying a monthly charge to rent their modem.
- OPTIONAL: From a hardwired (not wifi) connection run an Internet Speed Test, to see what speed you are actually getting.
- CABLE ISP-Comcast: Pay a small 1x fee to Buy A Better Cable Modem (6141 or 6183 for top speeds). We have installed these modems over 100 times & always see a bump in your speed! Skip to Step 5.
- PHONE ISP-Centurylink: If you already bought your ISP modem out right than that is great, just set it to Modem only mode & skip to step 5! Pay a small 1x fee to Buy a Better Phone ISP Combo Modem/Router. Verify with CL tech support, but generally 20 MBPS of faster you will need a VDSL modem, or if you have 12 MBPS or slower (ADSL) you could opt for this Modem/Router Combo instead.
- NEED A BETTER ROUTER TOO: If you don’t go with the combo Modem/Router option, already own a good Modem or don’t already have a newer wireless router we highly recommend you get a New Top Rated Wireless Router. The Router is very important as this is what gets you a reliable Wifi connection plus extends the Range of your Wifi to the far reaches of your home. Determine what to buy based on size of your home & features (TP Link C9 or C7 is our favorite). FYI-Combo Modem/Router units do not perform as well (although better than your Pay Provider’s rental), especially for Cable ISPs.
- IF YOU NEED HOME PHONE: If you still pay for home phone service, it’s time to get out of the 90’s… 😉 Either use your cell phone or use this awesome Free Phone Service that allows you use your existing phones & keep your same # too!
- Once you get you new stuff, call into your Provider’s Tech support line & tell them you have your own equipment & are ready to stop getting ripped off for renting their Modem. Enjoy saving over $100 a year while getting faster internet speed & much improved wifi coverage!
- Stop paying so much for TV. This really should be step 1… 😉
Here are a few other Tips to Boost Your Wifi. Plus the approved modem lists for both Comcast & Centurylink, although they support many other Modems & Routers that are not on this list-they obviously are losing money when you stop renting from them so do not update this list or their tech support very regularly on this subject… 😉 Due to the fact that your ISP is still partially involved in this process we do not guarantee your results, but understand that we have helped hundreds of customers to save money & get better internet!